Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    (Double-posted)
    Last edited by rotini; July 8th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

My first thought was Piper, but I see you've already thought of that one. How about Margeurite, as in The Scarlet Pimpernel, possibly with Margo as a nn? It's definitely uncommon; is feminine but has a lot of the same strong sounds as Harper; and nn Margo is cool, on trend, and less frilly.

Another idea: Fia? That's a recent love of mine -- only my hubby and I are the reverse of you two; he wants a long frilly name and for Fia to be a nickname. Some others I love but DH seems to think aren't frilly enough are Willow, Gwen/Gwenyth/Gwenllian/Gwendolyn/Gwenora, Tove (I believe this is pronounced toe-veh), and Cora (Last of the Mohicans) -- maybe one of those will strike your fancy?

I LOVE Zinnia and Nerissa from your original list, Pippa from his is cute, and from the compromise list I like Saffron, Piper, Maren, Wren & Romilly.

And also, I have to say: EEEEEEEK!!! ARE THOSE LAMANCHA BABIES I SEE IN YOUR AVATAR?!

Along the lines of Journey, and Tempest (which I love), perhaps Mercy or Meridian.

From your list I like Vesper, Maren, and Willa best. Least favorites are Journey (makes me think of names like Destiny, like someone else mentioned) and Rue (because of the Hunger Games). Flannery sounds like a surname name. I don't think of Piper as unusual, I know 3 people with Pipers that are 2 and under. Tansy, Paisley, and Poppy sound "frilly" and nowhere near unisex. I don't really have thoughts on the others.

Favorite suggestions from everyone else's lists are:
    Fern (lots of nature names on your list so I feel like it fits right in!)
    Sterling
    Merritt
    Hollis
    Scout
    Briony (prefer this spelling to Bryony)

Happy naming!!!
    Kennedi

Married to Jason (10/24/09)

Mommy to Ellison Katea (2/17/12)

Expecting Kellen James - due 3/5/14!

I like Rue and Willa best from your list, but prefer Rue as a middle. Here are some others:

Clare - Not frilly but has a nice sound
    Kerry
    Kelly
    Tate
    Tatum
    Sam
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully