Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    What Taz said

I have a friend who did her PhD with a toddler and overlapping pregnancy/newborn. Now she's writing her doctorate in psychiatry, with 6 month old twins. She's superwoman, but it can be done!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    There will never ever be a "perfect" time to have a baby. You will always be able to say "after we do this" or "once this happens for us", so it's better to aim for a good balance between your education/career, finances, relationship, plus your age and the number of kids you would like to have (26 is young, but if you dream of having more kids than the Duggars, you better get cracking LOL!) rather than waiting for ideal circumstances that may never arise. You may have to prioritize your goals a bit, you can't always have it all.
    That's how I feel exactly. There will never be a perfect time and if everyone waited for some perfect time or to do everything they wanted to do in life then there would be very few babies being born. Although I do think it's important to be in a comfortable situation where you can afford to pay your bills how much children cost in many ways depends on choices you make and pure luck. Also even in healthy couples it may take some time to conceive a child so don't necessarily think that when you start trying you'll definitely have a baby a year later. It took us eight months to conceive Patrick and then got pregnant on the first try with Mary.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Quote Originally Posted by feberin View Post
    That's how I feel exactly. There will never be a perfect time and if everyone waited for some perfect time or to do everything they wanted to do in life then there would be very few babies being born. Although I do think it's important to be in a comfortable situation where you can afford to pay your bills how much children cost in many ways depends on choices you make and pure luck. Also even in healthy couples it may take some time to conceive a child so don't necessarily think that when you start trying you'll definitely have a baby a year later. It took us eight months to conceive Patrick and then got pregnant on the first try with Mary.
    Thanks so much for all the feedback. I'm really inclined to agree with finding a balance between career/finances and biology/personal timing, but it's very refreshing to discuss it with others! Most of my friends in my circle are academics who never want children, so getting their opinion is always going to be a little biased. Thanks so much.
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper