Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Taz wins the prize for answer of the day! Perfect!!!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

My husband and I started trying to conceive when I graduated with my bachelors degree. It took 15 months for me to get pregnant. I was 25 at the time. I gave birth 2 weeks after i turned in my application for grad school. It was tough but I graduated on time. But it worked really well for us. My schedule was very flexible so i could be with our son a lot. School didn't work out quite as planned and i still haven't found a job, but we've decided to try for our second and last. There isn't a perfect time, but I've never regretted our decision. I've never been happier. My son is four now and our family is growing at the pace we wanted it to when we wanted it to grow.
    Mother of Gabriel Christian and Emrys Atticus.

The ones that got away:
    Felicity, Anne, Iantha, Penelope, Elowen
    Walter, Sebastian, Edmund, Arthur, Fredrick

I was going to say "whenever you feel ready", but Taz's response was pretty great! LOL!

There will never ever be a "perfect" time to have a baby. You will always be able to say "after we do this" or "once this happens for us", so it's better to aim for a good balance between your education/career, finances, relationship, plus your age and the number of kids you would like to have (26 is young, but if you dream of having more kids than the Duggars, you better get cracking LOL!) rather than waiting for ideal circumstances that may never arise. You may have to prioritize your goals a bit, you can't always have it all.

I am 26 also. My husband and I got married when I was 21, while I was finishing my last year of college for my Bachelor's degree. For obvious reasons, we decided not to TTC right away. After graduation, the job market sucked, so I spent a year looking for a teaching job while working as a nanny and then a substitute teacher. To my surprise, I really enjoy substitute teaching and I felt the flexibility of it would be beneficial while our kids were young anyway, so that's what I do now. We decided to TTC the following year and we also bought a house (but owning a home before starting a family wasn't a priority for us, just a wish that we kind of lucked into it). I have ovarian problems, too, so it ended up taking almost exactly a year for us to conceive. Our daughter was born last June, when I was 25, and I was able to be a SAHM for the entire first year of her life. My husband doesn't have a great job or make a lot of money, but he has a steady job with a good insurance policy. We live pretty modestly, but we get by just fine.

I think people get so caught up with the "timing" of babies that they don't just stop and think. Does your heart and head tell you it's the right time? Is your partner on the same page as you? Do you have some kind of support network like family or friends? I was 24 when I had Rowan and while sometimes I kind of wish I would of waited another 1-2 years, most of the time I'm really happy I got an early start. Most of my friends are older than me, in their early-mid 30's, and are just now having a baby or getting pregnant. I'm excited to be a young grandmother and enjoy my children as adults. I want to travel and have fun with my kids while I'm still young and active. My mom was 37 when she had me, and in my neck of the woods most women that age were already parents to teenagers or even grandmothers (not saying that is a good thing!) so my mom got strange looks all the time, she was mistaken for my grandmother a lot...

I think there are benefits to either though, so it really just depends on you and your situation.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I have a friend who has nearly finished her PhD, her toddler is 2. She has found it incredibly hard work and says her PhD has overshadowed all her time with her child. For her, trying to do both at once sucked the enjoyment out of the experience of motherhood because she was always so stressed. So while I don't think there's a perfect time, I personally wouldn't want to be going down the PhD road with a newborn.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine