Names that go well with Rafael...
    Dario, Darius
    Elias, Elijah
    Stefano, Stefan
    Dominic
    Caius
    Malachi
    Best of luck!

Roman is very nice! I also think these would fit with Rafael..
    Giovanni
    Benjamin
    Xavier
    Joseph
    Marcus
    Remy
    TTC #1

Favorites right now:

Kathryn (Ryn) Mae

Brooks (Brooksie) Flynn

Thanks, blade!
    Not actively pursuing..I just thought alliteration wasnt as big a deal since names like Robert Redford or Ryan Reynolds are not bad. But maybe only in Hollywood. I also think it depends on what the first letter is, and in our case, 'RR' might not be as bad as say 'SS'.
    I do like from your list Victor, Nico, & Marco, but the added challenge is that we are avoiding any repeats from any family members wc includes in-laws and second degree family So Victor and Nico are out.

Lexiem,
    Thanks for your Rafael comment..I like your Noah Sebastian, if only we didnt have a Noah in the family already..
    (Sigh) all the names we want are already taken: Noah, Mateo (and almost all versions of Matthew), Liam, Carlo/Karlo,

Boyandgirl,
    Exactly what i thought. In fact, we wanted Leo Roman, but figured with Rafael, our kids might both be subject to cruel kids ninja turtle jokes.. Im so glad my coworker's initial reaction to Rafael when he was born was, 'Oh the (renaissance) painter!' . Whew.

Basicsand,
    Well we're not eliminating Roman Sebastian, and our last name has 2 syllables ending in 's'.. Following youn lead on 2syll italian names, but maybe not Bruno.

Nightowl13,
    Love Caius. If only i can pair with Roman or Sebastian.. Thanks!

Island,
    Marcus which i love and thought would be my first son's name, is my nephew..why my cousin got pregnant before me, gah!

Tomorrow we'll be submitting the names to the registrar's office and it will either be just Sebastian (so sad since his big bro's name is strong and substantial) or Mateo Sebastian which will be to the dismay of my sister (nephew is Mateo via her in-laws), or Roman Alexander which is kinda lukewarm for me.

Unless i get a real last minute inspiration! Praying for Divine intervention almost lol.

Thanks guys, good luck on all your naming projects real or fiction.

We have a list of boy's names that are Spanish-english friendly that might help you out:

Alonzo
    Gideon
    Lorenzo
    Emmanuel
    Ruben
    Marcelo