Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Need help with soon to be born boy #2!

We have our second son due in 5 weeks...and we can't decide on a name! We have an unusual last name, Miracle, that makes many names sound absolutely ridiculous or prime for bullying and jokes Help! With our first son, it was so easy to pick a name we both loved, but we feel very much at a standstill this time. We like names with some history that don't sound too made up, but nothing especially common since my husband and I didn't love growing up as one of many others with the same name in our classes.

(I feel weird divulging our first sons name along with last name, but it is in the "also like" list)

Names in our top list:
    August (I also have a trendy cousin with this name who is protective of the rising popularity hehe, we aren't close)
    Luca (husband isn't convinced this is formal enough, but I can't swallow Lucas)
    Jasper

Names we also like:
    Miles
    Jackson
    Hudson
    Wade
    Marshall
    Cassius
    Wyatt
    Jack
    Max

Considering family names for middle names:
    Alexander
    Thomas
    Charles
    Matthew

Great choices, but I'd avoid all the 'M' names unless you want a cartoon'y superhero name for the kid. August, Luke, and Wade are strong, understated names.

I love Alexander as a middle name because it goes with almost anything. From your list I like:

Hudson Alexander
    Wyatt Alexander
    Marshall Alexander
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

August, Jasper, Hudson and Wyatt are my favorites. (:
    And I completely agree with Erin91. As for middle names, Alexander is my favorite and it goes with almost anything.

If you like Luca but not Lucas, how about Luke? It's a name with lots of history and is more "serious" imo, than Luca or Lucas.
    Luke Alexander is a great combo
    Luke Thomas or Luke Matthew also work.
    I'm not a fan of Luke Charles since both names have 1 syllable.

Other strong names with history but not too common that I like:
    Hugo (mn Alexander or Charles)
    Joseph (mn Alexander or Charles)
    Timothy (mn Alexander, Charles or Matthew)
    Tobias (mn Alexander, Charles or Matthew)
    Knox (mn Alexander, Thomas or Matthew)

I hope that helps a little!
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah