Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alby / Albie

Alby / Albie

Can it stand on its own? Or should it only be a nickname for Albert? And if it can stand on it's own, which spelling? My partner hasn't liked Alfie or Archie but actually is coming around to Alby/Albie! I find it adorable but not sure how it would serve him throughout life and into adulthood.
    I like Albert, but definitely don't love it. We are fond of nicknames, so tossing around the idea of using it as a full name. Let me know what you think ladies.

I feel you're right in that it won't age well. It's very much a nickname and seems a bit too cutesy on something like a diploma or resume.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

No, it can't stand on its own and for the record, I don't think Archie and Alfie can stand on their own, either.

Albie makes a nice nickname for Albert. It also sounds nice for Alban.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think Alby/Albie is rather adorable, but I would give a longer name as it does feel like a nickname.

Behindthename.com says that Alby is an anglicized version of Ailbhe meaning white.

Instead of Albert, you could use: Alban, Albaric, Albern, Albin, Albion, Albus.

Albie is adorable! But it definantly needs a full name, it's as nickname. Albert is awesome I know a little boy named Albert and he's smart and really cute. Curly blond hair and loves to be read to. I was also going to suggust Albus.

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"