1 2.70%
  • Bodie

9 24.32%
  • Bodey

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spelling help

Spelling help

My partner and I have rediscovered an old favorite and are both loving it. It has become our favorite for our little boy due in a few weeks, we are almost 100pct sure this is the name. We need help figuring out how to spell it though. Each has pros and cons. Bodhi, Bode, Bodie or Bodey? Or a different spelling? Honest opinions please.

Bodhi is my favorite spelling.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | Jameson Louis

Fiona Kathleen | Mary Elisabeth | Brigid Rose

It's my favorite spelling too. I just worry about the cultural significance of it, and the fact that we aren't Buddhist. I am afraid of being disrespectful. It's not the only deciding factor, but it's one of them. Do you think non-Buddhists using Bodhi is ignorant?

Buddhism is not an exclusive religion (e.g., one can be a Christian Buddhist), so I doubt any Buddhists would object.

It's not ignorant at all. People, everywhere, use names from different cultures/religions/languages/etc.

While I like using different spelling of names, in this case, I would stick with Bodhi. If I just saw the other spelling you have listed, I would assume Bode rhymed with mode, and that Bodie and Bodey were varient spellings of the word body. Bodhi, while it can be mispronounced as well, is probably going to be more recognizable than Bode, Bodie, or Bodey.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux