Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: James

Let's not.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I prefer it to a girl than on a boy. And I prefer using name like Mason or James for a girl than a name like Ezra or Micah, with the argument that it's okay because they're rare and end in an a sound.

But I wouldn't really use it in real life. I just wouldn't be using it for a boy either.

I couldn't recomend James as a girl's fn. IMO a girl would really resent it and her parents.
    I do know of a girl with James as a mn, Carly James. I always thought it was kind of cute, but it wasn't something that she let be known to everyone. She was named after a grandfather.

I've liked James as a middle name for a long time. It's my husband's middle name so I thought it would be cute way to honor that. I don't like the name enough to use as a first, but I would love to meet a little girl James. If she were so devastated (honestly...the replies to these threads are almost amusing) to share a name with boys, she could always go by Jamie or Jem even.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I don't like James on a girl at all. I don't understand the trend toward gender-bender names.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne