Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: James

Thanks for sharing your opinions! I don't plan on using the name, a family friend had a baby girl about 6 months ago and named her James Maya. I did not like the name at first, but as little James is growing and showing her personality, i think her name really fits her in a unique way.

Also, we call her JJ as a nickname and I think it's absolutely adorable!
    Last edited by leah22; July 7th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

No. Not as a first name. No no no. But as a mn, i think it would be pretty. There is a trend going on right now with giving girls masculine mn's. I love the idea of Caroline James or Felicity James
    I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn

Please no.

There are so many lovely proper girl's name out there, why the need to keep using solid boy's names like James?!

As a middle name, it's OK for a girl, but not as a first name.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Does this remind anyone else of the Anne of Green Gables books? Someone's name was Jamesina (nn Jimsie) after her deceased father, James. Now, I thought that was awesome, but James is just a little too far fetched for me.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli John Ishmael

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Saskia-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Nicolai-Mackie-Scully

Can we please please please leave James for the boys? It's one of my favorite boy names and if it becomes a girl name it will never go back! I do kind of like the masculine middle name trend for girls, though. It seems spunky.