Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DDR German Shepherd Puppy

Hi there,
    Hubby and I will be getting a DDR/ Czech line GSD in a few months ( these lines have straight backs, less health concerns, are larger/more muscular, more even temperaments with a higher drive...they are the original "working" class german shepherd). The pup will be male, follow the link I have posted below to see a photo of what he is expected to look like ( he will be a dark sable/long coat). Here are the names I have decided...which do you like and what are your suggestions??

http://www.germanshepherdpuppiesariz...Whoaa+copy.jpg

Fennec
    Huckleberry (nn Huck)
    Gambit
    Gatlan
    Seven
    Jack Daniels ( nn JD)
    Torque
    Crush
    Pilot
    Grimm
    Egypt
    Colter
    Hitch
    Larsen

I like the following:

Fennec - I like this, easy to train with to. That ending K sound will be attention getting.
    Huckleberry (nn Huck) - Cute, see K comment above
    Jack Daniels ( nn JD) - Who doesn't like Jack Daniels?
    Torque - This is kind of cool but not sure how it will work in real life. I like the Torc spelling even though it means something else.

Probably this order:
    Huck
    Fennec
    Torque
    JD

Thanks for your response! gosh it takes a while in the pet section!

Quote Originally Posted by seraares View Post
    Hi there,
    Hubby and I will be getting a DDR/ Czech line GSD in a few months ( these lines have straight backs, less health concerns, are larger/more muscular, more even temperaments with a higher drive...they are the original "working" class german shepherd). The pup will be male, follow the link I have posted below to see a photo of what he is expected to look like ( he will be a dark sable/long coat). Here are the names I have decided...which do you like and what are your suggestions??

http://www.germanshepherdpuppiesariz...Whoaa+copy.jpg

Fennec
    Huckleberry (nn Huck)
    Gambit
    Gatlan
    Seven
    Jack Daniels ( nn JD)
    Torque
    Crush
    Pilot
    Grimm
    Egypt
    Colter
    Hitch
    Larsen
    Congratulations on trying for a healthy GSD with straight back and correct temperament. I hope this goes well for you. As for your names, interesting list! I like Gambit, Seven, Colter, and Pilot. It is hard to choose among them. I don't know if you know, but Colter Bay on Jackson Lake in Teton National Park is a lovely place and has fond memories for me. I can understand wanting to name a dog that. And I like Pilot because it was Rodchester's dog in Jane Eyre -- and just seems like the right name for this dog.

Egypt is such a cool name for a German Shepard! I also like Huckleberry nn Huck and Pilot.
    Cora Etta Hazel Madeleine Matilda Penelope Sylvie Thea Vivienne Zara
    Archer Emmett Emrys Ianto Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo