Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linus Roman Ch-----

19 50.00%
  • Felix Roman Ch-----

19 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One more time - help us pick: Linus vs Felix

I thought we'd settled on Linus, but I'm having reservations. I know most people said name-teasing isn't an issue, but I have images of blue blankets and anus jokes running through my head. On the surface, I love the name. My husband loves it, my 4 year-old daughter likes it, even my midwife's assistant is gunning for it. We have engineering backgrounds, so we both love the Linux/Torvalds and Pauling connections.
    BUT I keep wondering if we should go with the "safer" name of Felix. Slightly more common, fewer well-known characters, still goes well with my daughter's name (Sylvia) and the chosen middle. Ugh.

So, please humor the 34-week, hormonal, emotional pregnant lady here and vote in my poll (again). And any insight would be appreciated why you pick one over the other. Last name starts with Ch- and rhymes with Journey.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

I much prefer Linus, I like the handsome intelligence it exudes. I've never really loved Felix for some reason.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

I like Linus a lot, and I think it's much better than Felix. As far as teasing goes, what about Felix the __ (fe-licks the floor, butt, toilet, d***s, whatever). Also the cat could lead to kids calling him p****. Kids are creative, and will find a way to tease anyone about their name, if they really want to. I think you should stick with Linus

Well, I picked Felix before reading your post (oops) because I personally like it best. It feels less clunky to me than Linus, and honestly I think the teasing potential, as others have noted, is about equal for both (but I don't think kids get teased JUST because of a name). If you were torn because you absolutely loved BOTH names, then I'd say Felix. However, after reading your post, I'd 100% say go with Linus. It's seems like Felix is a compromise to you, and that means it's not the right name for your son. Linus seems to be the name you have your heart set on. You love it, your family loves it, so go with it. It goes wonderfully with Sylvia as well (which, btw, I love!)
    Last edited by sarahdoodle; July 9th, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

They both have some negatives (Charlie Brown & the blanket for Linus and Felix the cat & 'feel' 'licks'), but I'd still go with Felix.
    Linus feels like the name of a computer program to me. Sort of a cross between dorky Leonard and frilly latinized Linnaeus, the classification guy.

Felix feels like it's meeting the vintage theme and the dorky/cool theme.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin