Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old Family Name- ever hear of Timnah ?!?

So I am an avid Nameberry reader but have not had a reason to officially join until now, and it's not the reason I anticipated!

My mother was given a copy of a family genealogy book, and we were both intrigued by a name we hadn't heard of before. Apparently my great-great-great grandmother was named Timnah.

I immediately tried to look it up to see any history of the name, and all I found is that it was a biblical name (like most of the genealogy). It's not in the nameberry database either, so I was wondering if any of you knew anything about it, as I am super curious about this name now.

So berries, please let me know if you have ever heard of Timnah, and what you think of it?
    I don't think I'd ever use it, but I can't help but find it charming (though I could be biased).

Thanks

It's a Biblical place name?

I wouldn't use it as a first name. Maybe as a middle?
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Cool! I've never heard Timnah, but actually think its rather nice. The nickname Timmy would be super cute on a little girl.
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

Yeah I found it to be a really daring choice- a Timnah among the Elizabeths and Marys. Definitely caught my eye and is kind of growing on me.. And you're right about Timmy- adorable for a little girl!

I've only heard it in the Bible, but I could totally see it on a girl today.