Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Safe Names

I dunno if they're "safe" names because i have several lists of alternates...

I've got my guilty pleasure, dream names that i hope i use but sometimes worry I'm not brave enough. (Artemis, Milo)

And a literary list (Atticus, Scout, Huckleberry, etc)

And then a classics list (Rose, Eliza, Thomas, Samuel)

A more religious-themed list (Miriam, Jonah, etc)

A family-names list (Selma, Edmund, Arthur)

Some of the lists overlap (like i love the idea of a kid named Jethro, and to me it feels modern and sort of sci-fi/geek chic...but it's a biblical name so maybe other people would prefer it with names like Miriam and Moses, and think it clashes horribly with Artemis?) And obviously the classics and family names go well together.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I don't think I have any "safe" names per se... I definitely have ones that I love but wouldn't really consider for a baby. But the truth is, they just get weirder and weirder as I move on down the list:

Jubilee
    Diotima
    Prosper
    Glinda (I know)
    Halcyon
    Orville (my husband makes a wrinkled up nose face every time I whip this one out)
    TTC #1
    Io Beverly
    Arthur Merryweather or March David
    Other names I love: Jonquil, Ardal, Linus, Felix, Araminta, Hedda, Wildflower...

Awesome contributions so far ladies!

Most of my safe names are much more popular, and that's likely the reason I will never use them except in a worst case scenario.

Annika
    Natalie
    Hannah
    Autumn
    Ava

I don't really have safe names for boys, since I'm so picky!

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander
    Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irie
    Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I don't have safe first names. I will only go with a first name that I really love. "Safe names" or compromise names for me are the middle names. We chose the name Jillian for our daughter but my husband really wanted to name her Rachel, so Rachel became the middle name. This time around if we have a boy the name I love is Christopher, my husband wanted Robert, so Robert will be the middle name. If it's a girl this time around my husband picked the name Olivia Grace - he is completely in love with it, and won't hear of anything else so that's it.

Yes, I have "safe" names and what I consider "reach" names. I love a little more unique names(reach) that I would absolutely love to use but sometimes feel some are a bit too much for our family. But I still love them. Some of them have been on my "reach" list for so long, they are starting to fall toward my safe list, than I remember not everybody is a berry so they might find them too different. My safe names are:
    Addie
    Ava
    Chloe
    Emme
    Mia
    Olivia
    Sophie
    Tessa

Aidan
    Bryce
    Dylan
    Lucas
    Max- although this is currently my favorite
    Owen
    Rhys
    I love these names but I do prefer something not so common.
    Lily Elizabeth 08/08/08-Chase Steven 01/28/10-Zack Francis 12/21/12-Drew Daniel 07/06/14

My little girl "name" in waiting: *Isla Josephine*