Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Safe Names

The one name I've used was a "safety": Owen. It was a meeting in the middle between two conflicting styles. I have grown to love it though and to appreciate its simplicity!
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

My "safe" names for boys were the classic Biblicals (like James, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc.) because, really, how much safer and less trendy can you get? My "safe" names for girls are just generally classic (Charlotte, Laura, Caroline, Grace, etc.). In actual practice, I'm choosing between Knox and Milo for a boy (coming in September) and leaning toward Genevieve for a future girl.

Hmm, after thinking about it for a while, I suppose I do have 'safe' names - names that I love, but I just have others that I love more. The only two that I can put my finger on for girls are Susannah and Miriam, and for boys, something like Hector or Theodore. Good thread subject though!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    Hmm, after thinking about it for a while, I suppose I do have 'safe' names - names that I love, but I just have others that I love more. The only two that I can put my finger on for girls are Susannah and Miriam, and for boys, something like Hector or Theodore. Good thread subject though!
    I hadn't given it much thought before to be honest, but as I was perusing facebook the other day, I noticed a friend had posted a bunny, for her daughter, with her name emblazoned across its sweater. The name was Autumn, which I love, but it also upset me, and the thought that came to me was "Oh no, Autumn was always one of those names I pictured using for a daughter if our favorites didn't fit!" But now it's attached her daughter, and although it wasn't a top 3 or anything, it definitely felt like a loss It really was a fall-back safety net for my list!
    Last edited by kibby; July 10th, 2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typo!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye