Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

less than 4 weeks to go- still no name

Okay, it's getting close and we are still far from having a name for our baby. I'm hoping some feedback from all of you might help! We have it narrowed down to this list:

Oliver
    Jack
    August
    James
    Asher
    Rowan
    Luca (my husband has vetoed this but I am maybe possibly wondering if I could get him to change his mind... Does it even work with our girls names or should I just let it go?)

Our daughters are Sophie and Violet. Please tell me which names you like and also which names work (and don't work) with our daughters names as a sibset. I like simple and classic names but also worry that a few of our options feel tired/boring. My husband's first choice would be Jack or James but I'm not sure... I think I would probably choose Oliver (or August. Or Luca...) but I'm feeling more and more indecisive as my due date gets closer...

Thanks as always for your naming help!
    Last edited by rachelc; July 8th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

I like Oliver best with Sophie and Violet. They feel like they have a similar level of popularity. All three have O I and E in them, so they look like they go together. You'd also have a very subtle color-theme, which is nice without being too matchy. I think Oliver James is a nice combo and could be a good compromise between names you and your husband like.

Oliver- Loooove.
    Jack- Cute, but I've heard of so many Jacks these days that I'm concerned about popularity.
    August- Not really my style, but I love the nn Gus.
    James- Very sophisticated and classic, but again with the popularity.
    Asher- Love.
    Rowan- Like, not love.
    Luca- Very nice, but if your husband is worried about it, maybe suggest Lucas?

I don't really think you can go wrong with any of these, but my favorites are Oliver and Asher, with Jack in third.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Great names on your list! I love Sophie and Violet too!
    August is one of my faves, so that would be my pick. Rowan is pretty awesome too! I know a little ginger boy named Rowan.
    Maybe Rowan Oliver?

With Sophie and Violet I really love James, Jack, or Oliver. James Oliver is very handsome.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara