Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wynn(e) as a first name?

Would love to hear thoughts on Wynne (or Wynn) as a first name for a girl. Also your thoughts on the first-middle combo we're considering:

Wynne Audrey

Most people I think would go the other way around -- Audrey Wynne -- but we are leaning toward the former.

So, wise berries: is Wynne strong enough to be a first name? (We don't love Winifred or any other longer versions of Wynne that we can think of, but we really love Winnie or Wynnie as a nn.)

Do you like the first name/middle name combo of Wynne Audrey?

Any preference on Wynne or Wynn spelling?

Thank you in advance!

- Courtney (mom to Beatrix "Bea" Lily)

It's not my favorite, but if you like it, go for it. I personally like Audrey Wynne much better. It flows better, and goes with sibling Beatrix. She'll have less difficulty with spelling, and Wynne on a page without a middle can be confusing as to which gender.
    I'd definitely opt for the Wynne spelling, because Wynn looks decidedly masculine to me.
    If you don't like Winifred, you could also get Wynne/Winn/Winnie from Winona, Winter, Winola, but also names that end with -win or -wyn like Anwyn, Blodwyn, Bronwyn, Carwyn, Dwynwen, Eowyn, Gwyneth, Maewyn, Mairwyn, Olwyn, etc.

If you do go with Wynne, I'd probably change Audrey as a middle, and opt for something more feminine and soft-sounding, like Wynne Rose, Wynne Elise, Wynne Castelle or Wynne Elisabet.

Wynne Elise is quite lovely! Thank you so much for the suggestions and feedback. Wynne has some personal significance for my husband, and (this sounds kind of silly, but) we tried it out on Bea and she LOVES saying "sister Winnie" so we may have to go with it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by courtney23 View Post
    Wynne Elise is quite lovely! Thank you so much for the suggestions and feedback. Wynne has some personal significance for my husband, and (this sounds kind of silly, but) we tried it out on Bea and she LOVES saying "sister Winnie" so we may have to go with it after all.
    So glad I could be of assistance!

I like it! Especially the suggestion of Wynne Elise. I think the shorter version looks funny next to Beatrix, so I much prefer the longer spelling!
    Kennedi

Married to Jason (10/24/09)

Mommy to Ellison Katea (2/17/12)

Expecting Kellen James - due 3/5/14!