Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile Bringing it back... maybe.

I still like the name Emma Caroline. My last name is 2 syllables, 8 letters long, and begins with S. What do you think of Emma Caroline? I'm worried that it is too plain. Opinions would be awesome! Thanks. :-)

I love Emma, and Emma Caroline is lovely. Classic names don't bore me, not even when they're popular.

Admittedly, Emma Caroline isn't going to wow namenerds everywhere with its creativity and uncommoness, but it's a beautiful name that will be easy to bear and will age well.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Completely agree with the above. Emma Caroline is a name as at home in the time of Jane Austen as it is now. It's beautiful!

You could do Emma Coraline or Emmeline Cara for something a little different.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Completely agree with the above. Emma Caroline is a name as at home in the time of Jane Austen as it is now. It's beautiful!

You could do Emma Coraline or Emmeline Cara for something a little different.

I couldn't agree more with this! Emma Caroline is gorgeous and if you love Emma and you love Caroline, then it's the perfect name for you. I really think naming your baby is a task where you should be most happy with the outcome. It's really fun to get info from people who also like names and to see that they kind of validate your choices, but it's our little baby and she will love her name if you love it!

That said, Emma Caroline, Emma Coraline, and Emmeline Cara are all gorgeous options!
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

I love Emma. I'm not a fan of Caroline, to be honest. I think the combination is okay, but not a "wow."