Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What does that make my childrens names?!

So, RE the dear Katie Hopkins and the baby name row unfolding these last couple of days, I really want to know - What do you associate my childrens names with?

When we picked them we didn't really have any criteria except we wanted them to be semi-classics, well-known, but not over used (when we picked our youngest son it WASN'T as used as it is now) and easy to spell and pronounce. That was it. But now I see more and more articles and interviews based on names and how they are perceived, especially by teachers. And it makes me wonder - how do you perceive my children's names?

I don't mean in "overused", but as in class, personality, success... Like the dear Ms Hopkins and her "tyler and charmaine vs India and Maximillian" issues.

Please be gentle xD

They are:
    Tristan & Noah.

Tristan and Noah are both lovely names!
    Don't let Katie Hopkins question your name choices. Her opinion is irrelevant.
    They are both very handsome names and are underused. Good choices!
    Alexis Rene
    15 year old name addict
    reading, writing, coffee

People are taking that woman's opinion WAAAY too seriously. She is obviously a nut, as evidenced by the interview. While there are a remote few who share her views, the vast majority of level-headed people do not.

Being a teacher, I run into a lot of names. Like anyone, I find names that I like, dislike, and a few I find downright ridiculous. But I can honestly say I've NEVER judged a child based on their name.

I find your children's names to be nice, solid names. Fairly par for the course as name trends go these days. I wouldn't bat a eye at seeing a Tristan or Noah on my caseload. Don't stress, the names you chose are fine!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Yeah, don't listen to her. She's mental and wants the publicity. As for Tristan & Noah- I don't associate them with any class or personality or type. Lovely, decent choices, just like almost all the names in your signature. And closer in style to India & Maximilian than Tyler & Charmaine. Personally, I mentally associate Tristan with Arthurian legend and the Tristan & Isolde story, and I associate Noah with the bloke in the ark with a load of animals. Cute. Like tintri, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at those names
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Where I live, Tristan and Noah are both very used names, BUT they're still very nice names. As far as Katie Hopkins, she needs to gain some intelligence.
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...