Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Why don't you look at other forum posts to see which names I do like?

There are things that have become overly familiar or common. These are elements that are overused to the point of losing their original meaning to the point of being irritating and trite since at some previous time they were considered meaningful and novel. They are called cliches.

It's kind of obvious who among here lack a sense of style as well as civility and decorum. Although I'm not thin-skinned, I've kept to the topic of what are the new John or Mary of today. It has been interesting to note who quickly reveal themselves to be so unbecoming.
    Last edited by basicsand; July 6th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I agree with all these girls. The names you listed are beautiful classics, I in particular love Emma and Alexander. You're of course allowed to dislike them, but why make threads about it? It's just tacky. Why not focus on the names you like instead?
    Pot...meet kettle. I distinctly remember you making a back-handed comment about classic names, or have you already forgotten?
    Last edited by uniquenamelover; July 6th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Anyway, to the OP,

It really depends on the name. I am a "uniquenamelover" but I do enjoy many of the classics. Yeah, I get a little tired of seeing Elizabeth and Sophia, but those names sure beat Kayleigh and Alyvia anyday of the week. And...I have some unusual classics on my list that I plan on using.

What's most obvious here, basicsand, is who lacks respect for others and their opinions...and tact, definitely tact. If you haven't noticed, you're vastly outnumbered on this topic, so I guess you must think that everyone here is "unbecoming." My goodness, people can name their children what they want for the reasons they choose. What's more, it's no one else's business! Some might be of the opinion that people who name their kids "unique" or "imaginative" names are trying to make their children be standouts. Personally, teaching my child that she must stand out from the herd at all costs is not in any way a priority. And I certainly don't want her name to be the only reason people remember her. To my husband and myself, there are much more important things.

... This thread isn't closed yet?

Ok, well everyone go re-write your top 10 list in your favorite color pen and delight in the style of names that you find most exciting. The end. =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia