Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamerlin View Post
    I don't agree. These names are timeless classics for a reason. If you are bored by them, then simply don't use them for your children.
    This exactly.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Why should any of these names be "retired"? Haven't they earned the respect they deserve for surviving for centuries in spite of name fads that have come and gone through the years? Isn't that why many people love them: because they have great depth, historic pedigree and they're familiar, comforting and age well? If they bore you then don't choose them. But don't dismiss them so easily because many people love them.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

How is Laura boring and uncreative? It barely makes the Top 300! I agree with the other posters. Just because a name is classic doesn't make it boring.
    Previous account: elrock13

Out of all these names, Alexander is one of the oldest names in your list. I LOVE Alexander. It's a very strong name and should never be retired even though it lasted for centuries. There's a reason why it lasted for so long.
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Why should any of these names be "retired"? Haven't they earned the respect they deserve for surviving for centuries in spite of name fads that have come and gone through the years? Isn't that why many people love them: because they have great depth, historic pedigree and they're familiar, comforting and age well? If they bore you then don't choose them. But don't dismiss them so easily because many people love them.
    I could not have said it better myself. There is a reason that these names have been so widely used for so long. They are wonderful names. No one here is trying to make you use these names, but I think I can speak for most when I say, just because a name is not your personal naming style, does not mean that it should be slaughtered.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States