Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by norbury View Post
    Neil and Mark.
    Oh yes, Neil! I agree!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Carmody was the name of a town in the Anne of Green Gables series. I've never heard of a person called that though. I know twins named Brandy and Chardonnay; I was appalled when they introduced themselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by minisia View Post
    Hahaha, is this Time Of Our Lives? I had the exact same response to the name! It sounds a bit...off-putting on a boy. A little pompous and whiny. I can't put my finger on it.

I think I have the same feeling towards the names Thomas and Daniel, but I can't really think of any other names (they mostly have reasons). The names Violet and Eliza irritate me, but that's because they're so overdone.
    Oh thank god there are a few Aussies on this forum . And yes, I can't quite grasp what irritates so much about the name either. Maybe it's the way Claudia Karvan's character passively aggressively says the name "CARRRRR-MO-DEEEEE"

Quote Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
    Carmody was the name of a town in the Anne of Green Gables series. I've never heard of a person called that though. I know twins named Brandy and Chardonnay; I was appalled when they introduced themselves lol.
    Oh really?!?! I hadn't made that link. Actually, that makes a lot more sense knowing the mother character in the series. She's a passive, aggressive, helicopter mum who thinks her child is gifted beyond words (and of course, blames everyone else for not seeing how gifted her child is). Thanks!

You're welcome! She sounds like a perfectly awful character, just the type to name her child something so ridiculous.