Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crushed.

Crushed.

What are some names that you get crushed on the inside when you see it being used?

I just seen a post where this girl is putting Lorraine in her top names... It is breaking my heart. I feel like its MY name and no one else should use it. I know that is not the case, but its what I feel.
    Girly Girls :: Lorraine Alice || Glenna Judith

Boyish Boys :: David Walter || Aubrey Mark || Warren/Wallace Keith || Maverick Jon || Gideon Robert || Darby Allen || Elijah Shepard

Eliza and Oliver. I don't know why but every time I see a post about them I get really irritated and jealous, especially with Eliza. Its not that I feel like they are "my" names, but that this person is using them and I might never have the chance to. Like if I can't have my Eliza, then no one else can. I'm like the spoiled brat of names.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

I know it's childish, but it irritates me a little bit that my name, Addie, is becoming so trendy. People seem to be giving it more these days, and using it as a nickname for full names like Addison and Adeline. I'm 26 years old, and needless to say, my name was vanishingly rare when I was growing up. I was always the only one with my name in my schools. Now, seeing it pop up everywhere as this trendy, cute little girl name of the new millennium, I just think to myself, "Hey, that's MY name! And besides, adults can have it, too!"
    Addie Elizabeth : Married to David Samuel : Not TTC Yet

Bryony, Elizabeth, Caroline, Gracie, Molly, Nora, Maggie
    Dawson, Charlie, Peter, Cormac, Zachary, Nolan, Haytham

I feel this way about Callaway. I cringe every time I see someone considering Calloway because it's my obscure family surname. Nobody else is allowed to use it unless they're also a Calloway. *grouchy face*
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I feel this way with Lila and Maeve! I don't get it as much with boy names because I don't fall as much in love with boy names as I do with girls. But everyone in my family and immediate friend group knows that Lila and Maeve are MINE!
    You can call me Abby
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed

Dreaming of a future little...
    Miss Lila Romilly or Maeve Tallulah or Moira Seraphine or Sadie Caroline or Iris Magdelen
    Mister Carter Jameson or Jasper Elias or Leo Xavier or Archer Murray or Torin Matthias

limits, like fear, is often just an illusion