Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I've had my baby name picked out for years... then I got pregnant!

I have been name-obsessed for as long as I can remember, carefully selecting names for my dolls as a little girl, and scribbling down lists of my favorite names and imagining them on my someday children for years.

When we started trying to conceive, I was certain of our names. I had two choices for a boy and two for a girl. Then I got pregnant. And we just found out we are having a baby girl!

And suddenly, I feel panicked about naming her. My list has quadrupled, and none of them sound right!

Has this ever happened to you? How did you get through it?

This is my ultimate fear! I've been going through names for about a year and I finally have 2 solid picks for each gender. We don't plan on TTC until the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 and I don't want to second guess the choices I spent hours agonizing over.

I think your panicking because the name isn't just a fantasy anymore, it has to go on a real person in a few months. I suggest just keeping your original name list and just being open to seeing what is out there. Is there anything specifically that feels "off" about the current name lists? Or do you just fear fully committing to the name? There are so many girl options I know it can be totally overwhelming.
    Devin | 23 | Married | Illustrator | US
    No children yet, just a lover of names. The unusual have my heart ♥

Top Combos: Fox Thomas | Elijah Wolf Aria Estellise | Cinder Juliette
    Loves:Fox | Asher | Gabriel | Elijah | Lyric
    Aria | Cinder | Lyanna | Harper | Autumn
    Stuck on Middles:Gabriel ???
    Wren ???
    GP:Corvo | Cicero | Eden | Luxe
    Jocelyn | Bianca | Hollow | Pandora

I had the named Lilah picked for my first daughter since I was 13. Right up until I became pregnant it was my name. Then when I became pregnant I just couldn't commit to it. For the longest time I thought it was because my ex ruined it for me. Turns out I wasn't feeling it because it wouldn't have fit my daughter. She is soooooo not a Lilah. A Lilah to me is a sweet, soft-spoken calm little girl. Total opposite of my daughter who is a total spitfire and who's name fits her perfectly.

Give it time. The right name will come along.
    CeeCee
    Lulu’s Mama {2008}

Emmeline. Scarlett. Anastasia. Cecelia
    Juliet. Mae-Claire. Tallulah. Delphine. Georgiana
    Spencer. Holiday. Brighton. Oona. Anouk

John. Callahan. Teague. Dexter. Anson
    Everett. Foster. Baylor. Cormac. Thayer. Nash
    Knoll. August. Dawson. Hayes. Gibson. Harrison

I have loved the name Clara since I was a kid. I always said that when I had a baby girl, I would name her Clara. However, I started dating my fiance and then got engaged, and now I can't bring myself to put Clara on the list. I think it's because Clara was always MY name.. MINE not OURS. Which is why I think I can't commit to it. Just something to think about.
    Engaged to the love of my life and dreaming of:

Eamon Michael, Nolan Richard, Samuel David, James Gideon

Sabrina Judy, Eliza Ruby, Eloise Frances, Matilda Agnes

Guilty Pleasures: Agatha, Tucker.

Now that I'm TTC my name list has changed dramatically. My husband doesn't like the name I had on my list for the last 10 years, Odessa. Once I found that out, the list grew and grew. I narrowed my list down by digging through family history. (Hidden gems are amazing.) I also looked for variations of family names. It's important for me to have a name rich in heritage so this worked for me. I would also say the names out loud... I found a few names I love on paper but I can't imagine saying them on a daily basis.

I hope this helps a little. Congrats and happy name hunting!

~MaryMary
    Mama to one furbaby ~ Barkleigh Tuesday
    TTC and dreaming of the perfect name!

Names to Honor Loved Ones:
    Franklin/ Francine, Rebecca/ Beckett, Eloise/ Louisa, Tennyson/ Denver, Faye, Leland, Ivan & Kaywood.

Other Loves:
    Greta, Esther, Heidi, Florence, Fifer & Bergen.
    River.
    Fletcher, Gideon, Oscar, Simon, Arthur, Archer, Theodore & Elliott.