Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My DH decided he wanted a direwolf after watching the show. He found a created breed of dog based after the extinct North American direwolf and has decided he wants one named Ghost desperately.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I think it helps that Khaleesi is close to some real names, like Calise/Kelis and Kalea

Daenerys seems more name-worthy

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Aside from the Game of Thrones reference, I don't like the name itself. It reminds me of Parcheesi. You could go with something kind of similar like Callista, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by annalynne View Post
    I've been seeing this name a lot lately and its one that really just grinds my gears so to speak.

For everyone who doesn't watch/read game of thrones/a song of ice and fire, Khaleesi is an invented word, which is the Dothraki (made up language) equivalent of 'queen'. The Khaleesi, is the female ruler of the 'khalasar' (their tribe, essentially.)

A lot of people seem to think Khaleesi is the name of Emilia Clarke's character, but really it is just the title she is given when she marries the king, or 'Khal'. Her character's actual name is Daenerys, or Dany.

Now, if you know all this already, and most of you do I expect, (I see a lot of GoT pictures/names on here) and you still want to name your child Khaleesi, then go wild, all the power to you.

I just think when using a name that is created for a show/book/movie/ whatever, you should know the background, because everyone will always associate that name with it, whether or not you do.
    I agree with everything you said. I feel the same way with Arwen. Yes, while it is actually a Welsh name,and I think it would be easier to use than Khaleesi, the LOTR connections are permanent. As much as I love Tolkien I don't think I could ever bring myself to use Arwen, unless it was in the middle name spot.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James

Apparently, Khalessi is a surname - Persian/Iranian I believe.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.