Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you judge children by their names?

Hi everyone, I've just seen this clip from the British TV show This Morning. It has a women on it who judges children by their names and she says that she would never let her children play with children with names like Chardonnay and Tyler. I think this is wron and that children should be allowed to choose their own friends.
    What do you think?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml

Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Somebody has already mentioned this clip on another thread. I think the thread is called "Everybody must see this" (or something similar). Can't find the link, sorry! There's quite a few comments there. My thoughts were along the lines of: Yes. I judge people by their names. And I think everybody does! However, you can't ban your child from playing with a little boy because his name is Tyler. That's taking things a bit too far.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; July 6th, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I hadn't seen this before. And I have to answer that yes I do judge a child by his/her name though the woman on the show had a difficult time articulating why she does it, I believe many of her reasons were pretty solid.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

Yes, I think everyone does, though I think in this case, I'd be more judgmental towards the parents and my reasoning for not wanting my kids to play with them would be more so due to the fact that I don't approve of the parents.... however, no kids yet, so this is just what I believe I might do
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

You can make guesses, not about the child themselves, but about the parents and possibly their homelife and perspectives.

And it cuts both ways. I mean, that mother really hewed to my stereotypical image of the sort of British woman who names her daughter India.