Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Car.... La.... Meh. Unenthused. Prefer Clara, which a pp mentioned.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire

There's nothing wrong with Carla It's underused but not a name that's going to make people go O_o A good balance in my eyes!
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

Nothing wrong with Carla at all, I think it's quite nice. Prefer it to Carly and Clara, at any rate. I think "unfashionable" is another word used to mean "dated", and I can see why some might see it as such because of the popularity of Carly et variants a couple of decades back, but Carla is a different name. I only know of one and she's 10, so to me it sits perfectly fine on a girl. I don't find it harsh at all, though that is more of a subjective, personal thing.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I think Carla is a nice name. I wouldn't worry about dated or unfashionable thing, you can't please everyone so choose a name you love
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages.

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas James, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

I don't like it. I don't think it is any more dated and unstylish than Carmel/Carmela though and I don't mind those.

I don't know why I dislike it. I like Caroline, which is not that dissimilar. And I like Catherine and Claire.