Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sorry, I agree with the other posts. In addition it reminds me of the word bland. And as that word means lacking in strong characteristics and therefore uninteresting.....well, I could never name my child that. Sorry.
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Not a huge fan.
    Alexis Rene
    15 year old name addict
    reading, writing, coffee

Why not? It's so uncool that it's cool. I'm curious to know what last name, it's first initial and number of syllables, we're dealing with to pair it off. With such a vintage one syllable name, you should pair it with something with more syllables like Virginia or other three syllable name. Despite its brevity, you could always nickname her Bea as well. The good thing is that her future boss or other authority figures won't likely inquire which Blanche you're talking about.
    Last edited by basicsand; July 7th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

The only thing it makes me think of is that it's literally "white" in French. I don't like the sound or the associations. Sorry

\\
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

Blanche makes me think of Blanca (Spanish) & Blandine (French).

I'm pretty sure they are all forms of the the name Blandina, Saint Blandina a second century slave who was martyred in Lyons.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle