Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions about Hazel

For potential future baby #3 we really like Hazel. It's pretty much perfect for us...however, our last name makes naming really difficult...it's very similar to "Hand"
    So...Hazel Hand ...is it awful?

We like Hazel Lily or Hazel Lillian...too wordy? Lily is a family name, but we could also use Suzannah or another lily name.

She would have a second middle name that is a family name but we don't have one settled yet.

Tia!!!!

I LOVE Hazel! I know an awesome 5 year old Hazel who is intelligent, confident, and spunky and has beautiful, red, curly hair. Her name suits her perfectly. I think Hazel Hand is fine. I don't mind the alliteration. A longer middle would make it less choppy, so I prefer Lillian to Lily. Also Hazel Lily sounds like a type of flower to me. Hazel Lillian is great!
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

Hazel is a nice name and if you love it go for it. My name (fn-mn) is alliterative and its not a big deal. My SIL is technically a Hazel but has never gone by it until recently.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

You know, when I read Hazel Lillian again, I realized some might be bothered by the L's at the end of Hazel and beginning of Lillian running into each other. Susannah would be a good way to avoid that issue. I prefer this spelling to Suzannah. Shoshana, the Hebrew form is also very pretty. I like Hazel Shoshana. Hazel Suzette is pretty darn cute, too!
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

If your last name starts with 'H', I'd go for a first name that doesn't. My first and last name both start w/R. It makes me feel like a cartoon character--like Richie Rich or Mighty Mouse or Ronald Reagan (no offense to Reaganites). My parents were still teens when I was born...I'm not sure people under 20 should be permitted to name children (except for those thoughtful enough to be researching names on Nameberry!).