Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peter's little brother.... Arthur??

Hi! We are expecting baby #2 and are stuck on a boy's name. We love traditional names, and we discovered tonight that we both like Arthur. It is a name that we have not thought of before. However, I am not completely sold as I do not like the nn Artie very much. Other names we like are Theodore, Andrew, and George. We have a one syllable last name. What do you think would be a good name for Peter's little brother? Thanks!
    Last edited by laurenmay2010; July 5th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

All of your names are on my list, too! Here are some others you might consider:

Archer (sounds like Arthur, but with the nn Archie which I prefer to Artie)
    Abraham
    Abram
    Henry
    Hadrian
    Myles
    Oliver
    Silas
    Simon

I particularly like Peter & George, Peter & Henry, Peter & Oliver.
    Writer. Name lover. Dreamer.

Current favorites:
    Genevieve Lyra and Theodore Jon

Although George is an underused royal name, with your one syllable last name I'd avoid it. Theodore has a great nickname with Theo. Andrew's an overused classic for me. With your other son named Peter, I'd look into the various lists under classics.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I like Arthur. I don't think you'd have to call him Artie. Arthur's a fairly short name as it is so I don't think it really needs a nickname but you could try something like Ari, Ace, Thor, Arthy..

Peter is such a great name! I really love Arthur, too, and agree with PP that you won't have to use a nn. If you want one, I find just Art more appealing than Artie. Art is pretty cool actually.
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem