Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Names meaning Brave/Courage

I've gone through pretty much all the lists I can looking for GIRLS names that mean brave/bravery or courage/couageous and there are not a whole lot that I love! Looking for something outside of the box, maybe a "girl version" of a boy name (like I found Evera is supposed to be the girl version on Everard which means "Brave One"

Possibly could go with a name that has a "brave" connotation too...like Amelia reminds me Amelia Earhart, but I don't love Amelia.

Thanks!!!
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

Only related names I could think of - Matilda/Maude meaning "strength in battle" or "battle ready", and Audrey/Etherdred means "noble strength". Clotilde "famous battle", and Isolde "ice battle" are related to battle, which evokes bravery...

Would you consider religious figures - i.e, Esther or Judith, who acted bravely? Or goddesses, like Artemis? Or perhaps mythological figures, like Atalanta?
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

You looked at the list Nameberry has which are girl names meaning brave? A lot of woman in history have super classic names
    Nameberry List names I like:
    Marcella
    Zaila
    Valencia

Others meaning brave:
    Keena- Brave/Irish
    Leona- Brave/German
    Devlin- Unisex/Brave/Irish
    Caley-Unisex/Brave warrior/Irish
    Bova- Brave/German

Brave Woman of History whose names could work:
    Clara Barton- Founder and first president of the Red Cross
    Pearl S. Buck- she became the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature.
    Cleopatra nn Cleo or just Cleo- Queen of Egypt and the last pharaoh
    Rosie the Riveter- commonly used as a symbol of feminism and women's economic power
    Helen Keller- she was shown how to communicate she never stopped sharing her wisdom and thought provoking inspiration with the rest of the world. She changed history by providing inspiration for people with handicaps and without.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    TTC Journey Beginning September 2014!

Alfhild ("elf battle")
    Andromache ("battle")
    Aquila ("eagle")
    Bernardine ("brave as a bear")
    Everild ("boar battle")
    Fernanda ("journey + brave")
    Iphigenia, Efigenia ("strong born")
    Nicole ("bringer of victory)
    Leonie, Leona ("lioness")
    Victoria
    Valeria, Valentine, Valencia ("powerful, brave")
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Pilar -Brave/Powerful
    Carlota -Strong
    Isa -Strong
    Valentina -Strong
    Althea -Brave/Powerful
    Imara -Brave/Powerful
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle