Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on...

Opinions on...

Lisla? (pron. LIE-lah)

I'm in love with the name Isla, however I have a person on my FB friends list (related briefly through marriage) who named their daughter Isla Betty - so I'd feel like I was stepping on toes by naming baby #3 Isla. Lila would be the original alternative to it...but with a daughter already named Chessa (Chesna + Jessa), I feel like Lisla would fit well.

Too far out into left field?

If you're in the US, I don't think it would be pronounced the way you want. I'd go with Lilah/ Lila, which are very pretty.

I think you would get a lot of "Lisa?" and "Lees-luh?"
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I think the s makes the pronunciation a little hard since I think at least in America most people just got comfortable saying Isla correctly but it isn't intuitive for Lisla ( at least not for me). Why don't you think Lila and Chessa go?

I'd go with Lilah instead of Lisla - everyone would call her Lees-la instead, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jmo2 View Post
    I think the s makes the pronunciation a little hard since I think at least in America most people just got comfortable saying Isla correctly but it isn't intuitive for Lisla ( at least not for me). Why don't you think Lila and Chessa go?

It's not that I don't think that they wouldn't go, especially since Lisla would be pronounced the same as Lila. I guess I'm just looking for something a little more unique (you don't see a lot of 'Chessa's around, especially in my area.)

The rest of my list so far consists of:

Isla
    Enna
    Maura
    Annora
    Cara
    Ruby
    Lila
    Carys
    Vivienne

And we've already got a Chessa, and a Liam.