Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I don't judge the child! I judge the NAME on it OWN and think "urgh" - and yes there are names that I associate to a certain type of people, but I don't go to such lengths as to bar my children from playing with them. My son is starting school in september and on his class list there are many surprises - some of them I thought uurgh, met the child - and the child + parents are lovely, others I thought were AMAZING name choices, met the parents and child and went urgh...

I always wonder which category my own childrens names fall into!

Just as *tiggerian* says - I judge the name, not the child.

I might dislike a name, but that doesn't mean I'll dislike people with that name.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

You can tell a lot ABOUT THE PARENTS by a name choice. Children do not have a say in their name, in most cases (other than nicknames). Kids, for the most part, are stuck with their names.

But I don't judge class by names. I judge the personality of the parent, and what they want in their child. A girl named Isadora has parents who aren't afraid to be different. Jdyn's parents want their son to stand out from the crowd. When I hear another Ava or Liam, I feel that the parents have no clue about name trends and think they have stumbled upon an original name. But I try not to let this influence my actions and words, because this isn't always the case.

I live in an area where there is a mix of affluent and lower class families. Of course, there are stereotypes. The parents with teenaged twins Olivia and Evelyn are a dentist and doctor with a PhD. Airielle was born to a sixteen year old mom. But, most of the time names mean nothing. Wealthy families use younike spellings like Kaleigh and Madysen just as often as kids from the working class are named Elizabeth and Annabel.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

The child's name can tell you something about the parent. Of course you shouldn't judge a book (person) by its cover (name) but a bad cover will make others less interested in learning about the book. If my kid became friends with a child named Sunshine or Thelonious they likely have parents who have similar personalities to mine. Someone who names their child Rekker Derringer is probably raising their child with very different values and beliefs than my own.

I remember when my friend's young daughter made a new friend with a YouNeek name (can't remember the name but it was a smoosh with a few apostrophes thrown in). My friend was apprehensive but she didn't stop the friendship because she was a sweet little girl. Once she met the mom, the woman was exactly what my friend thought she would be. My friend turned down invites to the little girl's house upon learning about her home life (i.e. domestic violence, jail, out of control older siblings). She had to explain to her daughter that the friendship was an at-school friendship only.

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I think you can tell a bit about the parents with certain names, however there is no way I would ever dictate who my child befriended based on their name! That's just ridiculous.

For example the one and only Charmaine I know is a beautiful, hardworking young woman who was educated at one of the top universities in the UK, and is extremely successful in her field. She's also one of my best friends, and had my mother refused to let me play with her growing up, my life would have been so much duller without me even realising what I was missing out on. I'd also be short a bridesmaid next month!
    Girls: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Elodie, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boys: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Robin, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx