Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    To me, names only get trashy or become fair-game for judgement when a parent misspells it on purpose to try to look super trendy. For example- Jennifer is classic -- Jenyfir is just bothersome. I'm all for being original and having your child stand out, but don't butcher the spelling of an otherwise lovely name!

P.S. Location names are wonderful. Don't be discouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by misschelseabeth View Post
    Former Apprentice contestant Katie Hopkins has been accused of snobbery after saying she doesn't want her children to associate with others who have names like 'Tyler' or 'Charmaine'. Do you judge people based on their first names?

She said during an interview " I don't like geographical names like London or Brooklyn". Then then interviewer stopped her in her tracks by saying "Your child is called India".

Would you not let your child play with 'Tyler, Charmaine, Brandon or Kylie'?
    Firstly, children's personalities shine through. Individually their own actions speak more of themselves than any name.

As a former teacher of high school English, you can tell a lot about naming about families. I'll give a few examples.

First, you can tell if their son/daughter is their first if they often pick a very popular classic name like Michael or Emily. First time parents don't often think that their little Jessica is one of half a dozen that I will likely run into a day. Second, you can kind of tell what the parents are like if their siblings have clearly obvious themes. Jesus, Angel, and Mary are sib set that comes to mind. Depending on the theme, you can tell things like religion, ethnicity, culturally, or that for the likes of Max and Sam, their parents just like more masculine names. As a general rule if they have name brand names like Bentley and Tiffany, it reflects something more aspirational than actual. If you it so often, you wouldn't name your child it. Parents often unintentionally or even directly have expectations for a child revealed through naming. Ultimately, their son/daughter determines through their actions what that name means.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I do judge people by their names. Not necessary their personality, and especially not in a bad way. But I do expect someone named Charmaine or Shenandoah to look a certain way, exactly like I expect Montgomery so look a certain way. I think names can give you a clue of how the child grew up, with what kind of parents etc, but we are all individuals and the name isn't everything. Like, I have a brother named Hunter, but it doesn't mean that he IS a hunter.

And I wouldn't stop any future kids of mine to play with other based on their names. Behavior and other stuff, sure, but not because of the name.
    ~ Ashley ~

Girls: Phoebe Elizabeth, Ivy Teresa, Josephine Grace
    Boys: Michael Ryan, Seth Harper, Felix Everett, Noah Robert

I hate to admit but sometimes I do. I wouldn't not let my children play with children with names I didn't like or anything. But I might think their parents are trashy by their name choice, etc. I shouldn't but hey we are human.