Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you judge children by THEIR NAMES?

Former Apprentice contestant Katie Hopkins has been accused of snobbery after saying she doesn't want her children to associate with others who have names like 'Tyler' or 'Charmaine'. Do you judge people based on their first names?

She said during an interview " I don't like geographical names like London or Brooklyn". Then then interviewer stopped her in her tracks by saying "Your child is called India".

Would you not let your child play with 'Tyler, Charmaine, Brandon or Kylie'?
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.

I'd definitely let my children play with someone, even if I hated the name. I'll be honest like in the last post and say I would judge the parents if they gave a trashy name/spelling (think: Moshaniquahtay, Kynydy, Jonythyn, etc) But I don't think the child deserves to be scrutinized or excluded because of the parents choice.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

Thank you for your opinion.
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.

UMM just because someone names their child Holden does not make them intelligent, well mannered, wealthy, educated, interesting or hip. Just cause someone names their child Braedynn doesn't make them trashy, rude, poor, uneducated, stupid, uncool, ect.

I get along with all kinds of people. I really don't need someone to have the same taste or lifestyle as me to get along with them. In fact I often find that I don't "click" well with women who it seems I should, like those who like the same music as me, live the same healthy/crunchy lifestyle as me, ect...I often have the most fun with people that don't 100% agree with me, it makes friendship more interesting imo. I usually have a great time with the Neveah/Kenydi moms & find that some moms of the best named kids can be kinda uptight & shrill!

I wonder about their parents, but I do my best to judge kids by their behavior.