10 31.25%
  • Luna J. Vaughn

4 12.50%
  • L.J Vaughn

8 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pen Name?

Pen Name?

I narrowed down my choices for my pen name. Lately I've been thinking of getting a pen name and now I've finally chosen 5 names. I like my name a lot, not at first because I couldn't find any key chains with my name. Also because I want to become an actress when I grow up and I want to keep my writing world apart from acting. Please help.

I already settled on Vaughn as the last name and have chosen some name that have to do with fall,water,classics,famous authors and Royals.

Help me!!!!!!!

I thought Vaughn sounds a bit.. 'fake', and when teamed with Scarlett it sounded more 'fake', which, I think is quite bad for a pen name because everyone would know you made it up. I liked Luna, but again, you'd sound more important if you're pen name's L. J. Vaughn. Vaughn is already quite memorable, so it's quite enough, I think.

Out of curiosity - why use a pen name though? If you're posting online then any name is fine, but if you're talking about publishing...wouldn't it be nice to see your own name in print?

Quote Originally Posted by rielle View Post
    I thought Vaughn sounds a bit.. 'fake', and when teamed with Scarlett it sounded more 'fake', which, I think is quite bad for a pen name because everyone would know you made it up. I liked Luna, but again, you'd sound more important if you're pen name's L. J. Vaughn. Vaughn is already quite memorable, so it's quite enough, I think.

Out of curiosity - why use a pen name though? If you're posting online then any name is fine, but if you're talking about publishing...wouldn't it be nice to see your own name in print?

Well i'm kind of one of those people that loves their real name but one of those people that's very kind of timid when it comes to their writing.

Personally, I like EJ Vaughn from your choices. The initials would lend an air of mystery and keep people guessing. Good luck with your writing.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Personally, I like EJ Vaughn from your choices. The initials would lend an air of mystery and keep people guessing. Good luck with your writing.
    Thank you!