Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you like for our little girl?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keira Mae

26 65.00%
  • Mary Niamh

7 17.50%
  • Alannah Marie

7 17.50%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Irish American Baby girl name poll

Hi All - Still trying to make up our minds on a baby girl name for our first daughter - we already have 3 boys. Our boys have trad Irish names - Declan, Brendan and Sean. We want to keep it easy enough to pronounce for the Americans we will deal with daily. We have a very simple neutral last name that does not indicate Irish heritage - similar to Smith. We now have it down to 3 choices. One of the choices includes a first name of Mary - and given the suggestions that the Royal baby may be named Mary - I am now not sure . . . and our little girl is due in the next two weeks!

I'd go with Alanna Marie. I would have gone with Ciara but only spelt as such.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I prefer Ciara - but the insistence of numerous Americans that it is pronounced Sierra or Key-Ar-A would annoy me beyond belief. I have realized that Keira is the only spelling that people can remotely pronounce!

i voted for keira mae. if you were thinking mary (which i love) you could do mae as the first name, maybe? either way - congrats and good luck!

Have you considered Moira instead of Mary? It's such a graceful and beautiful variation of Mary, and reminds me of the beautiful ballerina in "The Red Shoes".
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.