Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you like for our little girl?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keira Mae

26 65.00%
  • Mary Niamh

7 17.50%
  • Alannah Marie

7 17.50%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Irish American Baby girl name poll

Hi All - Still trying to make up our minds on a baby girl name for our first daughter - we already have 3 boys. Our boys have trad Irish names - Declan, Brendan and Sean. We want to keep it easy enough to pronounce for the Americans we will deal with daily. We have a very simple neutral last name that does not indicate Irish heritage - similar to Smith. We now have it down to 3 choices. One of the choices includes a first name of Mary - and given the suggestions that the Royal baby may be named Mary - I am now not sure . . . and our little girl is due in the next two weeks!

I'd go with Alanna Marie. I would have gone with Ciara but only spelt as such.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I prefer Ciara - but the insistence of numerous Americans that it is pronounced Sierra or Key-Ar-A would annoy me beyond belief. I have realized that Keira is the only spelling that people can remotely pronounce!

i voted for keira mae. if you were thinking mary (which i love) you could do mae as the first name, maybe? either way - congrats and good luck!

Have you considered Moira instead of Mary? It's such a graceful and beautiful variation of Mary, and reminds me of the beautiful ballerina in "The Red Shoes".
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.