Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bianca with our last name?

Hi everyone - my husband and I are expecting a little girl this fall, and love the name Bianca. However, our last name is Fair, and my only hesitation is the meaning of the name, since Bianca means "white." With Fair as the last name it seems weird, but I might be over thinking this, because who really tracks a name meaning? Any thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback!

I think most people know what bianco/bianca means in Italian, but I say... go for it. Bianca Fair has a such sweet, cheerful and unexpected feel and I fell in love instantly.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

I think it's fine. It's not like White Fair has a terrible mean---Ohhh you mean like white + fairskinned? haha. missed that. Hmm. I supposed I could imagine the occasional "are your parents white supremacists?" comment from a teasing friend. :/ I'd bet those comments would be very few and far between though. I think Bianca Fair is pretty enough to outweigh that risk!
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

I think it's fine. Very pretty.

Ooh, I like it. Charming!
    Stepmom to Kate and Matt
    Expecting Anna on 19 December 2013