Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Explain Kason to me

a friend just named her son Kason. our group of friends --who I consider to have good taste, their kids have good names-- seem totally accepting of this as a legitimate choice. Am I exceptionally judgemental for thinking it's totally made up and ridiculous?

On a related note, another friend's baby girl has the middle "Gracyn" i.e. Grayson. Are these syn/son/cyn names legit and I just missed the memo?
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Quote Originally Posted by jenna5128 View Post
    Am I exceptionally judgemental for thinking it's totally made up and ridiculous? Are these syn/son/cyn names legit and I just missed the memo?
    Not at all. You're right.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Nope. It's made up and ridiculous.

Grayson (or, if you have to stretch it, Greyson, I guess) is ok in my mind, though. It seems like a legit surname-name, and has a nice sound for a boy (and only a boy).

Kason, Kasen, Cason, Kayson and Gracyn and the like? Cringe-worthy. No offense to your friend, but I let out an audible sigh when I saw it. (But I had a friend name her daughter Kynley. So there's that.)
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Agreed. I know of a family who has a Josiah and a Penelope, and I thought their style was completely exquisite... and then they named their third son Casen (Kasen?)--and I was like, What happened?! I was so sad. I couldn't understand how they went from Penelope to... Casen. I'm hoping it has some significance to them or something. At my old job the freezer door was made by Kason, Inc., or something, so I think of a freezer when I see it, not a person. Carson I can see the appeal of. Grayson, too. Even Mason. But Cason/Kason? I just don't get it.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I think it's that they take a name like Mason (or Aiden) and like the sound, but want to be "yewneahk" and still not too daring, so they just swap out the initial letters until they find something they think sounds good. It's funny how so many parents fell for types of names at the same time and all of a sudden we get a slew of similar names all at once.
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah