Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jase, too trendy?

Hi everyone
    Recently I have really grown to love Jase for a boy, I prefer that spelling to the more popular Jace. What are your opinions? Is it too trendy? Or worse yet kreatyve?

I feel it's a bit too trendy. It feels like a nickname for Jason but with the overused lately sound of Ace/Chase or even the beginning of Mason.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following

First thing I think of is Teen Mom. It works well as a nickname for Jason, though. It's not necessarily a bad name (though I don't care for it), it just has less-than-classy connotations for many people.

I think of Jenelle from teen mom when I hear it. That's one connection I can't shake, I don't think many others will be able to either. I can almost guarantee that most people will think that's where you got the name from.

It's a nice name (if short for Jason) otherwise.
    Coraline, November, Lavinia, Elodie, Francesca, Sybil, Rose, Evelyn, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Freya, Lavender, Natalia

Alaric, Griffon, Anson, Cormac, Soren, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Angus, Benjamin, Cain

I prefer Jason nn Jase. That way you get to call him Jase if you like it but he's got a fuller, more classic name to use professionally etc.