Names Searched Right Now:

Middle name Love đź’—

Just after everyone's honest opinion on the name Ivy Love. We are most likely going with the first name Ivy and want something really special with a beautiful meaning for her MN.
    We don't mind a little 'out there' kind of names but is 'Love' honestly too much? Will people look at us funny!? lol if so please suggest something just as adorable but not as direct as Love.
    Thanks!!x
    Last edited by b_star7; July 11th, 2013 at 02:46 AM.

I don't think it's too bad. It's better than creative spellings. Not many people know middle names of their friend, so I think you can get away with it. But it is sweeter than the jam.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

Well, most people probably aren't going to hear your daughter's middle name, because usually one doesn't introduce themselves or others with their full name. So, no, people won't necessarily look at you funny.
    But that still doesn't mean I don't dislike the name. In all honesty, it sounds to me a little tacky. It's either the name of a flower child or a stripper, especially topped with the botanic first name.
    There are plenty of lovely word names out there, too many for me to list, and even more that have special or beautiful meanings. There are also names that simply mean "love," "beloved," etc. such as Amabel, Mabel, Carys, Esme, Aimee, Kerensa, Ahava, Davida, Suki, Milena, Aiko, the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    Well, most people probably aren't going to hear your daughter's middle name, because usually one doesn't introduce themselves or others with their full name. So, no, people won't necessarily look at you funny.
    But that still doesn't mean I don't dislike the name. In all honesty, it sounds to me a little tacky. It's either the name of a flower child or a stripper, especially topped with the botanic first name.
    There are plenty of lovely word names out there, too many for me to list, and even more that have special or beautiful meanings. There are also names that simply mean "love," "beloved," etc. such as Amabel, Mabel, Carys, Esme, Aimee, Kerensa, Ahava, Davida, Suki, Milena, Aiko, the list goes on.
    Thanks for your honesty.. This was what I was worried about but just needed to hear it from someone else's mouth. It's enough for me to change my mind..Definitely want to avoid 'tacky name' for my daughter.