Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Auden best for a boy or girl?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy

40 80.00%
  • Girl

10 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I don't mind unisex/surname names for girls, but this is so attached to WH Auden for me that I can't picture it on a girl at all. It just seems strange to give a little girl a well-known male writer's name but weirder things have happened. I'm sure it would be fine but I would wonder why her parents named her after W.H. Auden. Then again I'm a hyperactive reader so this may not be much of an issue in the real world.

I voted boy, but it actually comes across as very unisex. I don't care for it (partially for that reason and partially because it sounds close to so many other, more common, names that it sort of looks wrong to me - like it was meant to be Alden or Audrey but got messed up).

I voted boy, though I agree that it could easily be unisex, and I can definitely picture a cute little girl Auden. I also really love the name Alden for a girl, which has the same origin and meaning, but here in the south it seems like it's usually a boy's name.

Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore
    Catherine Violet

I have always felt that Auden was a girl name. I think this is because it is used for a girl in Sarah Dessen's book Along For The Ride.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States