Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Irish and Persian Daughter

I am fully Irish and my husband is Persian/Arabic. I am pregnant and looking for names for our daughter, yes we know for sure its a girl We are both very proud of our heritages and would like to give her an Irish name and well as Persian or Arabic name. One will be the middle and the other the first, but it does not matter which is which. Can you suggest some names of both cultures. For girls so far we have come up with Lila, Soraya (means princess) and Shirin (pronounced Shereen and means sweet) in the Persian category and we really don't have anything yet for the Irish part. My husband is Catholic as am I so we would prefer nothing too tied to the Islamic religion (this is just a preference though, we have nothing against nor mean any disrespect to anyone of the Islamic religion) This is the first baby name site we have tried and we are hoping for good things

Thanks in advance.

Mona and Nessa are two names that are both legitimately Irish and Persian. Leila would also work, although it's REALLY common for Persian girls in the US.

I am sure you will get a lot of awesome feedback on Irish names in this forum, plus there are a billion Irish name sites out there. Here's the best one for Persian names that I have found:

http://www.irantour.org/Iran/iranian_girl_names.html (covers A-M)
    http://www.irantour.org/Iran/persian_girl_names.html (covers N-Z)

Also, FYI, Soraya doesn't mean princess, although there was a queen of Iran named Soraya in the last century. It means the Pleiades constellation (which is also a very lovely meaning!).

I love Lila, Soryara, and Shirin! If I or my DH were Persian I would love to name my daughter Soraya!

Arabic Names:
    Farah
    Imani (means faith but I don't think it is too tied to Islam but you may)
    Ranya
    Samira
    Yasmine

Persian Names:
    Jasmine
    Leila
    Suri (maybe as a MN)
    Vashti (I have always had a crush on this name)

Irish:
    Alana
    Bridget
    Caoimhe
    Cassidy
    Clodagh
    Colleen
    Delaney
    Enya/Eithne
    Erin
    Finley
    Ireland
    Kathleen
    Keely
    Kennedy
    Kenzie
    Moira
    Mona
    Norah (I saw that you liked it on one of my threads)
    Quinn
    Rowan
    Sheridan
    Sloan
    Talullah
    Tierney

Hope you like some of those

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

My favorite Arabic name is Rama, though my grandmother was Sarifa. I love Keira for an Irish girl name. Those are off the top of my head, I'll come back again after looking through my book!!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele

So many wonderful names have been already posted!
    With that said, I love the idea of Leila Quinn.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James