Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Tulip would make a quirky mn choice but I don't think every flower name is usable as a first name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoti View Post
    I can see some future teasing, as in "two lip". I personally don't like it, just NMS.

As for the "doctor lawyer" test, your child and his/her ability matter more than their name. Who could see a Condoleezza or Barack as Secretary of State or POTUS? Or the very highly, much studied "Learned Hand" as a judge (I hear A LOT about him in law school) - I'm not joking about that name - you can easily google it.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that she's incapable of being a doctor or lawyer just because her name is Tulip. The point is, it doesn't sound professional at all. It sounds like the name a dancer would adopt as a stage name to me.

I am not worried about a name affecting her career as much because who is to say she will ever want to be a doctor or lawyer? She may want to be a hairdresser, makeup artist, visual merchandiser or own her own business one day. It is also not a definite we are just tossing names around.

I appreciate all the honest opinions though!
    TTC Baby #1!

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    May I suggest Petal? It's fresh and pretty and sweet (like Tulip), but without all the issues (IMHO).
    Petal is not bad and not as harsh has Tulip? Plus I like how it is Greek since my boyfriend is super Greek.
    Last edited by scarletsway; July 5th, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    TTC Baby #1!