Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A great baby naming style quiz!

Yes, I know there are oodles of them out there, but this one (from OK Cupid) is the best. My result (Exotic Traditional) totally nailed me (especially with the result it said is my polar opposite--Tryndee; I hate trendy names.)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...07240292175004

Re: A great baby naming style quiz!

I got:

Exotic Traditional

You scored 26 popularity, 81 history, 30 creativity, and 73 texture!

You like uncommon, traditional, real, names with history behind them. Some people will think you made the name up, and you'll have to be willing to give impromptu history lessons, but at least your kid will stand out from all the Emily's, Hannah's and Isabella's. Some of these names have a more common nickname that you can use, which might make things easier for your child at times. Online, many of the users at www.bigbadbabynames.com fit into this category. The naming style most unlike yours is Tryndee. You probably think Tryndee names are the craptastic products of an inane hive mind. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with someone who has that naming style. Other categories with names you might like are: Literary, Ethnic, Androgynous, Classic

Hit the nail on the head ;o)

I got:

Biblical

You like common names that sound up-to-date, but not weird, and you like them to feel real. So, look in the Bible. Even some of the more obscure Biblical names are coming into wider use, so little Elijah, Gabriel, Deborah or Lydia won't get picked on. Other catagories with names you might like are: Classics, New Classics, Popular, Androgynous The naming style most unlike yours is Weird Magic. You probably think of them as stupid hippie names. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style.

Fantasy
    You scored 32 popularity, 77 history, 34 creativity, and 50 texture!

You like uncommon names, that still seem familiar, not too weird, and special in a good way, like something you read in a book, or maybe a favorite character in a movie. While you've never heard the name used for a child before, people who are into the same things as you will get it and think it's cool, and your child's peers will get used to it. Other catagories with names you might like are: Exotic Traditional, Youneek, Weird Magic, Princes and Princesses, or Legendary The naming style most unlike yours is New Classics. You probably have been friends with, or dated a few Jennifers, Ryans, Heathers, and Jeffreys, and don't want to use any of those names for your baby. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style.

Getting there!
    (-:

Exotic Traditional
    You scored 44 popularity, 85 history, 36 creativity, and 81 texture!

You like uncommon, traditional, real, names with history behind them. Some people will think you made the name up, and you'll have to be willing to give impromtu history lessons, but at least your kid will stand out from all the Emily's, Hannah's and Isabella's. Some of these names have a more common nickname that you can use, which might make things easier for your child at times. Online, many of the users at www.bigbadbabynames.com fit into this catagory. The naming style most unlike yours is Tryndee. You probably think Tryndee names are the craptastic products of an inane hive mind. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style. Other catagories with names you might like are: Literary, Ethnic, Androgynous, Classic

:)
    i'm in love