Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I love Peter, especially for the Peter Pan references. If you are interested, there is a prequel series called Peter and the Starcatchers, and it is incredibly magical. Finding Neverland also made me fall in love with the name Sylvia =)

I've always loved Peter I don't know why I love it so much. But my SO hates it
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

Peter is so sweet! I think it would make a lovely middle name for you! I love all the references you listed, especially the Narnia reference {I have Caspian and Edmund on my list thanks to those books!}. I also like the connection between Maid Marian of Robin Hood and Peter Pan/Peter Pevensie. Lovely!
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

Amy; yeah, that must be pretty awesome! Wolverine ROCKS! If he doesn't like the Harry connection... I don't know what I'd do if I were you! Sob into my pillow probably... I looked the movie up, and it's with Laura Linney!!! I love Laura Linney.

I'm starting to contemplate having a childhood middle name theme...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I will be using Peter as a name for a future boy (if I am lucky enough to have one) in honor of my maiden name/my father's family (my grandmother had three boys, but they ALL had girls, so no one is passing along the surname). If my married name does indeed end up ending with -er, then it will be used as a middle.

I have love this name for years, though, because of another association: Peter Wiggin from the Ender's Saga books by Orson Scott Card. Though he was the antagonist in the first novel, he grows into a complex, honorable character and he was my favorite throughout the rest of the series.

I also love the meaning of the name (stone or rock) and some of its other bearers: Peter Pan, Peter the Great of Russia, and Peter Pevensie.