Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My brother is best friends with a very nice boy named Peter. I think it's a great idea for a middle name Solid and, like you said, well used in English literature. It definitely feels like a 'forgotten' boys name. Though there are probably loads of them out there, I've only met three: my uncle, my brother's friend and my uni friend's little baby.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Yes, I think that Peter is perfect for your "normal" middle name. I agree, you covered Robin Hood with Marian...time to give all those great Peters a nod!

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    My brother is best friends with a very nice boy named Peter. I think it's a great idea for a middle name Solid and, like you said, well used in English literature. It definitely feels like a 'forgotten' boys name. Though there are probably loads of them out there, I've only met three: my uncle, my brother's friend and my uni friend's little baby.
    I agree with ren! Although I do think of Peter as a common name (mostly in middle-aged men), I can only think of two Peter's I know personally - my brother's best friend (he is almost 12) and my uncle Peter (whose first name is Keith, after his dad, hence he goes by his middle of Peter).
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I love Peter. It's my brother's middle name. Growing up, he and I would call each other Pete and Vie ("vee" from Vanessa, my middle) as our special, only-for-each-other nicknames. Peter never fails to make me sentimental, and both Peter and Petra are under consideration for my next kiddo.

Anyway, Peter is a lovely classic, one that retains some youthfulness and a bit of whimsy due to its associations. It's a great match with Marian.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

We love Peter! First of all, I just love it in general. Peter was one of my first favorite boys' names--I remember swooning over it in high school. I used to imagine all the most attractive guys had to be named Peter, lol. But I think Peter is great for the criteria you're looking for--such fun literary associations (och, I can just see one of my boys pretending to be High King Peter, bossing his sisters around!), and it has that same "normal" feel that Marian does. I think it's fab, really.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter