Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should I avoid Reuben? Or would anyone even notice?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie, and this is my first post, so please excuse me if I make some newbie mistakes.

To introduce myself a little first, I live in the Northwest United States with my husband and my furbaby puppy Gideon. We are TTC our first baby and I'm a bit of a crazy planner and name lover anyway, so of course I'm already making out name lists.

This leads me to my question for you all... one of my favorite boy names is Reuben. I think its underused and I love it! However, my first name is Leah, and in the Bible, Leah's first son was Reuben. Would this be weird to you? Would you even notice the connection if you met us on the street? Would this deter you from using the name, or would you go for it anyway?

I know this is way cart before the horse, but I wanted an outside, unbiased opinion. Thanks!!
    Name nerd and TTC #1 since 2013

《Josephine》《Louisa》《Ayla/Isla》《Amelia》《Amara》《Eliana》 《Samara》《Miriam》《Vienna》《Elena》《 Viera》《Cecilia》
    《Spencer》《Rowan》《Reuben》《Titus》《 Raymond》《Theodore》《Silas》《Jonah》《E zra》《Alasdair》《Waylon》《Simon》

I wouldn't have noticed that but in my opinion that is a great reason to use the name not avoid it:-)

I don't believe most people would make that connection. Even if they did, I don't believe it would be a big deal.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

What lplafleur said!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by lplafleur View Post
    I wouldn't have noticed that but in my opinion that is a great reason to use the name not avoid it:-)
    This, exactly.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly