Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    haha, I don't have an SO, but my family knows I'm on here! I try not to talk to them about the Nameberry world too much, they already think I'm sort of a freak. But we'll talk about what combos I like and I'll ask my siblings what their favorites are, and sometimes I share that with the Berries. When it comes to having a baby (and naming one), I probably wouldn't say, "Oh, well, the Berries approve!", but if my husband was really pushing to use Arabella Serena, and our surname was Smithson, and the Berries brought up the initials, I would definitely say, "Babe, you definitely know what Arabella Serena Smithson spells, right?!"

I don't have a significant other (not even dating anyone casually) but my friends and family that I interact with regularly know I'm totally obsessed with names. If I'm enthusiastic about something I talk about it a lot (oops! *blush*) so it's pretty hard for them not to know! Even when I meet new people with interesting names I usually can't resist commenting on it. I've thought sometimes that good thing people who know me know I'm definitely not the type you'd expect to be a teen mom (and have never had a boyfriend), otherwise they'd probably think I was pregnant! haha

I've definitely told people about Nameberry too, and have given them links to threads I think they'd find interesting. Actually, there are probably people who would know who I am based on my signature. I don't bother hiding my namenerdiness- it's not bad or wrong or embarrassing, and the more I get to talk about names IRL, the better imo...

(Sorry for the mini-essay!)
    Last edited by bonfireazalea; July 5th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

My boyfriend is totally aware, and he's ok with it for the most part, but he does tease me about it. HE thinks I'm planning for our future and it's "nesting," (in his words) but I just really just like names… and I admit, some of them I'd really like to use with our babies someday!

I throw names past him and he shoots them down most of the time and suggests his own names that he knows I'd never go for. He thinks we only like old people names. Every once in awhile, I'll be pleasantly surprised by his reaction to a name, but most of the time he thinks names I like, like Matilda and Genevieve, are either too "French," too "British," or "too old."
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

My boyfriend (soon to be fiance) knows I have a passion for names, and is always wanting to hear about my favorites/new crushes. He knows I belong to several name message boards, and likes that I do. He thinks it's fun!

Everyone's responses are great! It is really interesting to see how many people are open about Nameberry.
    TTC Journey Beginning September 2014!