Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gavin

Gavin

I have loved the name Gavin for a long time, and it was at the top of my list for a boy. I stopped considering it because a co-worker announced she was using it on her son (who was due two days ago and still hasn't made an appearance). I was sad that she picked it but also happy that she picked such a great name. And I just found out via Facebook that she's spelling it Gavyn. So disappointing. Anyone have other suggestions to replace Gavin on my list? And anyone have similar stories to share?
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam

Why don't you tell us what you liked about the name Gavin to help us narrow your search?

Similar to Gavin:
    Garrett
    Gareth
    Kevin
    Calvin
    That's a pity your co-worker is using your favorite and spelling such a wonderful name with "y". I am so sorry but it happens.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

Quote Originally Posted by basicsand View Post
    Why don't you tell us what you liked about the name Gavin to help us narrow your search?
    I love the meaning and origins and that it's not too popular for me.

Quote Originally Posted by handsallover View Post
    Similar to Gavin:
    Garrett
    Gareth
    Kevin
    Calvin
    That's a pity your co-worker is using your favorite and spelling such a wonderful name with "y". I am so sorry but it happens.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know too many Garretts and Kevin is my cousin's name. I always go back and forth about Calvin. I love the nn Cal but I can't seem to picture it on a baby.